Saturday, December 13, 2008

ugly.christmas.sweater.party.

Catie and Rod threw a raging 2nd Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. It was even bigger than last year. Being the only sober people there (except for prego Andrea) it was my job to memorialize the event. Here are the highlights.


Of course, the most important part, for me anyway. The food. Catie did a wonderful job artfully displaying all the food she purchased from Costco. Costco really makes throwing a party easy.


























How did someone catch me eating this. Maybe it was because I was eating one of these cookies every half an hour. Elisa said they were from the "cookie Nazi" in Prosser. I need that lady's name and address.

PARADE OF SWEATERS




Our hosts: Rod and Catie Harkins



















Me and Bryce: Thanks for the Christmas sweatshirts Bonnie.



















Heather (Czebotar) and Roy












L-R: Andrea Clare, Jenny Johnson, Catie Harkins, Elisa Riley, ME

















Steve and Kristi McKinnon: Steve wins second place in my heart. It was not that his sweater was that ugly, but the horrible part was that it was a woman's sweater vest 2 sizes too small for him.









MY FAVORITE OF THE NIGHT: Cousin Eddie (if you don't know that that is a reference from and you still don't get it after the picture, then I am very sad for you)























Well played Ryan. Well played.


Only Catie is cute enough to get away with Christmas pigtails.

THE SLOW AND STEADY DECLINE OF ROD






Happy Rod





Tired Rod






Sleepy Rod



Good night Rod

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a fun idea for a Christmas party! Here's my e-mail... kimberlygprice at hotmail dot com

ArizonaLewis said...

amazing. favorite post to date. the big guy in his mom's sweater vest made me pee myself. let's have a re-do in 2 weeks. xox

Megan said...

Hey, I was sober, too!! Who ended up winning first place? I missed the end...

The Yancey Family said...

That is hilarious! I want to throw one of those parties!

Aubree Elizabeth said...

In Rod's defense - he had been up for 24 straight hours. And in my own defense - I spent hours cooking all of that food =)

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

That looks very fun and I am totally with you on the snow thing. I DO not and I repeat DO not like being cold.

Molly said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like soooo much fun! I love the party theme. Are the sweatshirts from Bonnie's closet or a costume box? :) Really??